La Fortuna located by the Arenal Volcano is a spectacular place for a home base for a few days of fun outdoor activity. We spent 4 days in the area and could probably fill up a full few weeks with fun things, so definitely do not miss this part of the country.
Facts about Costa Rica:
- Approximately 5 million people live in Costa Rica
- The country is 19,700 square miles or the size of the state of West Virginia.
- Costa Rica is known to be the happiest country in the world. The countries slogan is Pura Vida, meaning Pure Life and it is a wonderful way of how the people live.
- In fact, they do not have a national army.
- The currency in Costa Rica is colones and they are beautiful! The bills feature a different landscape and animal chosen from the vast biodiversity, including the white-tailed deer, capuchin monkey, sloth, and blue morpho butterfly.
- The official language is Spanish.
- Native-born Costa Ricans refer to themselves as Ticos (males) or Ticas (females).
Take a look at some of the exciting spots and good times we had while visiting…
post a comment