Pune, India (Feb 2019)
Facts about Pune, India
- 3.7 million people call Pune home.
- Pune is in the western Indian state of Maharashtra.
- Pune residents are called Punekars.
- Pune is known for Aga Khan Palace, which is now a memorial to Mahatma Gandhi, whose ashes are kept in the garden.
- Pune has over 100 colleges and universities and is known for being the “Oxford” of India.
- Badminton is said to have it roots in Pune, although Cricket is the main sport of choice.
What a culture shock India was for me, but Pune was delightful. I loved the people, the culture and the really enjoyed seeing the sites with my local friends. Out of all the places I have been in India, Pune is by far my favorite. I also took my first tuk tuk ride there, fun memory!
Take a look at some of the exciting spots and good times we had while visiting…