Dubrovnik, Croatia (June 2019)
Facts about Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Dubrovnik is in southern Croatia on the Adriatic Sea.
- 43,000 people call Dubrovnik home, although only 1,100 live in Old Town.
- Old Town is a well-preserved paved pedestrian area that was built in the 16th century, known for its brick orange roof tops.
- The Old City is designated a UNESCO World Heritage Center.
- HBO’s Game of Thrones used Dubrovnik to film scenes of the fictional cites of King’s Landing and Qarth.
We really enjoyed Dubrovnik. It is really charming and beautiful with a lot to see and do, but completely doable in a day. We did a lot of roaming with no real agenda, which we quite enjoy. The kids also took an unplanned dip in the sea as it was so clear and appealing. I will tell you though to wear comfortable shoes as there are a lot of stairs to climb, if you are adventurous, as well as the stone streets can be slippery in spots, especially if you are dripping wet from a quick swim!
Take a look at some of the exciting spots and good times we had while visiting…